Bed Bug Bites: Call ECOS on 888-990-5067 to get rid of these pests immediately. Most homeowners dread one pest problem in particular – bed bugs which can become a highly expensive problem if they are allowed to spread through out your property. Bed bug bites can impose serious health threats if they are not removed quickly and safely. Bed bugs have evolved to become perfect parasites that can cause immense harm to humans and damage property likewise. They stick around for long periods of time because they often go unnoticed.
What Are Bed Bugs?
These insects belong to the genus Cimex and they feed on human blood. They are small and parasitic insects that consume animal blood by biting their skin. These insects spread by crawling and through hosts. Even though there are no signs of infectious diseases that are transmitted through bed bug bites, it can still lead to several skin complications in humans. Bed bugs are found across the globe. They have evolved to become the perfect parasite because they can live up to 70 days without feeding. Bed bugs have also started growing resistance to pesticides.
The bed bugs are about the size of an apple seed and can hide in cracks, bed frames, box springs, headboards, and crevices of beds. Bed bugs can usually be found in objects in and around the bed. Hotels, hospitals, and homeless shelters are the most common places for encountering bed bugs. They usually have a reddish-colored body texture.
Types of Bed Bugs
There are two profound species of bed bugs that survive on human blood. These insects are called:
- Cimex lectularius (Common bed bug)
- Cimex hemipterus – a tropical breed
Bed bugs spend their time in the dark and usually crawl out during the night-time to feed on human and animal blood.
Bed Bug Detection
There are two simple ways to find out if your home is infested with bed bugs:
- Check for bed bug bites on your body
- Check for bed bugs
- Bloodstains on pillows and bedsheets
- Rusty spots on mattresses
- Offensive and musty odor released from the bugs’ glands
If there are bed bugs present in the home, your family is likely to have bed bug bites on your skin. These bites easily catch itchy welts and appear in a zigzag pattern. Often, a cluster of 3-5 zigzag bite patterns appears on the skin. Bed bugs can be seldom seen mostly because they never come out of their hiding place, unlike most insects.
Bed Bug Bite Symptoms
It is difficult to distinguish a bed bug bite from bites of other insects such as spiders, mosquitoes, or fleas. Sometimes people mistakenly confuse bed bug bites with other skin conditions such as hives, chickenpox, or other itchy rashes. However, here are some signs to detect a bed bug bite from the rest of the conditions:
- Redness, often with a dark red spot in the middle of the bite
- Arranged in a zigzag pattern and clustered in proximity
- Can be located on the neck, hands, face, and arms
While there are people who have no reaction to these bites, there are others who face severe allergic reactions including persistent itchiness and blisters.
An infestation of bed bugs can be linked with:
- Changes in environmental conditions and pest control practices
- Increased resistance to pesticides and mutation
- Increased traveling of the host
Bed Bug Spots
Bed bugs usually manifest in objects close to where people sleep. It makes it easier for the insects to crawl out and conveniently feed on human blood while the subject is deep asleep. Some of the spots to locate bed bugs include:
- Under loose, hanging wallpapers and peeling paints on the wall
- Box springs and mattresses
- Objects cluttered on or around the bed
- Bed frames and upholstered furniture seams
Bed bugs can multiply irrespective of weather conditions. They live in the dark, need a warm host to travel and feed on, and a lot of hiding places. The cleanliness of the surrounding plays no factor in the manifestation of bed bugs. They can thrive in the cleanest of rooms. Bed bugs can easily travel rooms and compartments by crawling. These insects are more common in areas of high density such as apartment complexes, refugee camps, hotels, dorm rooms, trains, and buses. Bed bug bites can cause serious infectious conditions in its host and impose other risk factors as well. Here are some of the most common risk factors including a bed bug bite:
- Infection – These bites can be very itchy leading to an urge to continually scratch the bed bug bite spot until it goes away. Scratching vehemently can lead to allergies and flesh wounds. These wounds are small, but they are open in nature. It allows other germs and bacteria to enter these wounds and cause fatal infections if left unattended. Increasing redness around the wound and tender bumps are some of its symptoms. These wounds can lead to skin infections like Impetigo, cellulitis, and boils.
- Allergic Reactions – Bed bug bites can have an allergic reaction on some people imposing serious health risks. Life-threatening situations arise in people having severe allergic reactions after being bitten by bed bugs. Hosts that are hypersensitive to insect bites can undergo anaphylactic shock when bitten. This condition causes wheezing, tightness of the chest, itchy tongue or lips, and tightness in the throat of the host. Such conditions need immediate medical attention.
- Stress – Living in a household manifested by bed bugs is stressful. Also, the increasing resistance of bed bugs towards pesticides and their ability to survive without food for a long time invites a lot of problems. The house may need to be cleaned multiple times which becomes costly due to the bed bugs’ dominant nature. Bed bugs invite stress because they cannot be removed easily, are expensive to get rid of, causes harm to the body, and damages property as well. These are quite a few reasons for stressing out leading to a weak immune system.
The home and the workplace must be kept tidy to keep unwanted intruders at bay. Bed bugs are a growing problem globally and bed bug bites can cause serious infections and skin diseases. Home is where you want to rest peacefully and not stress about being bitten by bed bugs waking up to skin rashes.
Are you suspecting bed bug manifestation in your home? Are you tired of being bitten by bed bugs regularly? Cannot get proper sleep because you are afraid of being bitten? Try our services for bed bug treatment.
Call ECOS at 888-990-5067 today! We are committed to providing reliable assistance to make your life safer, easier, and better. Above, we gave you some important information on removing bed bugs from your property and thus addressing any bed bug bites you are facing
Why Choose ECOS?
- We have a live operator on call 24/7 to schedule your project (Monday through Sunday)
- Our services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year.
- We give topmost priority to the health and safety of our clients suffering from bed bug bites
- Our modern equipment is safe for people, animals, and sensitive materials.
- Our technicians are friendly and helpful.
- We have years of professional experience in the industry and are experts.
- We have no hidden charges and offer competitive pricing.